Thanksgiving Card Messages and Ideas
Thanksgiving is a reminder to appreciate all the good in life. This can include beloved family, friends, and colleagues as well as fruitful lifestyles, good health, and wellness. The most wonderful aspect about this holiday is how it tends to focus us onto all things positive and away from gift-giving for materialistic motivations. If you’re looking for what to write in a Thanksgiving Day card, look no further! Send heartfelt Thanksgiving Day Wishes with these short and sweet messages.
(click each category to see the messages)
- From Our Family to Yours
- For a Friend
- For a Neighbor
- For Your Boss
- For a Coworker
- For Your Grandma
- For Your Grandpa
- For Your Mom
- For Your Dad
- For Your Brother
- For Your Sister
- For Your In-Laws
- For Your Daughter
- For Your Son
- For Your Teacher
- For Your Spouse / Partner
- Can't Be There
- May your blessings be multiplied this year and throughout all your life. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you. Just a little bit late!
- Happy Belated Thanksgiving! May the holiday bring you good things in abundance that stay with you all year long.
- Wishing you the happiness of good friends, the joy of a happy family, and the wonder of the holiday season. Have a memorable thanksgiving!
From Our Family to Yours
- May you celebrate the Thanksgiving day with love in your heart, prosperous vision in your mind, and gratitude in your being. Thanksgiving wishes to everyone!
- Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours. May the warm glow of autumn surround you as you celebrate the holiday with family & friends.
- Sending along warm wishes for a holiday spent surrounded by the people who make life worth living!
- Sending you warmest wishes from our home to yours for a loving and happy Thanksgiving. May this day be a wonderful reminder of the best and most important things in life.
- Sending autumnal greetings to you and your family, and wishing you a holiday season full of peace, gratitude, and plenty.
- May all the good things of life be yours, not only at Thanksgiving but throughout the coming year.
- We all have so much to be thankful for! Sending you and your family a harvest of blessings this Thanksgiving.
For a Friend
- Friend. My heart is filled with joy and gratitude because I have a friend like you. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving and a terrific holiday season!
- Happy Thanksgiving. Here’s hoping that whatever you do today brings you delight from morning until night. May the holiday bring you nothing but wonderful things in abundance.
- The gift of wonderful friends is the nicest blessing of all. You are in my heart and prayers all year, and especially during this special season. Thank you for being my friend.
- Dearest Friend, wishing you Thanksgiving moments that are as sweet as pumpkin pie.
- Wishing you hope, joy, peace, good health, favor, and love on this Thanksgiving Day! Your friendship is indeed a great blessing to me.
- Friend. November is the time to be thankful, a time to remember, and to embrace those who enrich our lives. I’m thankful for a lot of things, but I’m most thankful for you!
- Gratitude fills my heart when I think of you. Thank you for your amazing friendship!
- Friendship is a special gift, and I treasure ours more than you know. Thank you for being there for me. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Wealth and wisdom, health and grace, Are gifts of life that we embrace. But the joy of friendship you impart, Is what keeps Thanksgiving in my heart.
- Wishing all my friends a cornucopia of blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!
- As the fall season chills the air and fills our homes with the aroma of pumpkin spice, I want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life.
For a Neighbor
- Happy Thanksgiving. May the warm glow of autumn surround you as you celebrate the holiday with family & friends.
- A good neighbor is worth more than a million cups of sugar. Thank you for being such a reliable and helpful neighbor. I can always count on you.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my most incredible neighbor. I have never met anyone quite like you, and I am thrilled we both ended up living where we do!
For Your Boss
- May all the good things of life be yours, not only on this day but throughout the coming year.
- Wishing you a harvest of blessings, good health and good times.
- Working with you has always been enjoyable and inspiring! Happy Thanksgiving to you.
- In this time of Thanksgiving, I want to express my appreciation for you. Working for you has been an amazing opportunity. I appreciate your high standards, your persistence, your encouragement, and your sense of humor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
- I am so grateful to work under such a kind and caring boss. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family!
For a Coworker
- Sending you my warm wishes from home to home and from heart to heart to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! May this day be a beautiful reminder of the wonderful things in life.
- I never face Monday morning blues, because of fun colleagues like you. Thank you. I hope you enjoy your time at home with those close to your heart this holiday season.
- On Thanksgiving, I don’t know how I can show enough appreciation, to a co-worker who has given me so much motivation. Thanks for being such an inspiration.
- Happy Thanksgiving to a teammate that is always doing things to make both me and the rest of the team thankful. You are wonderful, and I hope you have a great holiday with the people in your life who matter most.
- Thank you for bringing your positive attitude to work every day. I hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
For Your Grandma
- I’m thankful for letting me move into your bed toward the beginning of the day and for letting me cuddle into your warmth, despite the fact that we both realized I was getting unreasonably old for that.
- Dear grandma! Thank you for crying each and every time when we drive back home after visiting you. Your tears are proof of your everlasting love. I love you too.
- Thank you for teaching me great cooking skills. Just because of you, I can prepare yummy food. Love you.
- Special love to you, my lovely Grandma. Because of you, I can face this world with a smile. Thank you for your support and guidance.
- You’ve always been there and I’ve never known a day without you. Grandmother, I truly thank God for you! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Our family would not be the same without you, Grandma. We are all so grateful to you for just being who you are! Happy Thanksgiving!
- I appreciate you more with each passing year. I love you, Grandma and I wanted you to know that I truly care! Happy Thanksgiving, Grandma!
- A bounty of hugs and a cornucopia of kisses for you, Grandma! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Grandma, on this special holiday of giving thanks, I write this short note to let you know how grateful I am to you for all the special love you shower on me every single day. I hope this Thanksgiving brings incredible blessings into your life.
- Grandmother, today, I sincerely thank the heavens for your wonderful presence in my life. Thank you for all the support, love, and care that you give me. My world is an extremely joyful one because you are my grandma. I hope you enjoy peace and joy throughout this holiday!
- I would have sent it in a big, big box, but it’s hard to wrap a hug. So, instead I’m sending it in this card which is also filled with smiles and love! Happy Thanksgiving, Grandma and Grandpa!
For Your Grandpa
- You're my personal hero. All my life, you've taught me how to be a better person. I hope you enjoy a warm and lovely Thanksgiving.
- May you have the most glorious Thanksgiving ever, Grandpop! I love you!
- I’m super thankful to have you for my grandfather! I hope that your Thanksgiving is full of the love and precious moments that you deserve!
- Grandpa, we use this glorious day of Thanksgiving to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for decorating our faces with broad smiles. We are so lucky to have you. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving to the most amazing grandfather on the planet! May this festival of abundance bless you with abundant happiness, contentment and good health.
- Grandpa, words can’t express how proud and privileged I feel to have you in my life. May your Thanksgiving be as beautiful and glorious as your life is!
- Having spectacular people like you around makes life worth celebrating and more meaningful to live. Happy Thanksgiving Day, Grandfather!
- Happy Thanksgiving, Grandpa! May your day overflow with blessings, laughter, and an abundance of joy as you celebrate this last Thursday of November.
- I would have sent it in a big, big box, but it’s hard to wrap a hug. So, instead I’m sending it in this card which is also filled with smiles and love! Happy Thanksgiving, Grandma and Grandpa!
For Your Mom
- There are so many things I am thankful for this year, but at the very top of that list, mom, is you. Wishing you a wonderful holiday filled with the warmth and happiness of the season.
- Mom, there have been times when I forgot to thank you for being there for me. I take this day to tell you how special you are and how great my life has become because of you. Have a memorable Thanksgiving!
- Thank you, Mom, for always making spectacular meals throughout the years! Thanksgiving won’t be the same without your special dishes.
- Thank you for everything that you’ve ever done. It’s way too much to count! May your blessings be countless also! Happy Thanksgiving with love.
- Mom, nobody does Thanksgiving like you! You’re the Queen! Thank you very much!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
- I am blessed to have a mom like you! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Mom!
- Happy Thanksgiving, Mother, You are so many things to each one of us and the love that you have given is forever in our hearts!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful mom and grandma. We’re all so thankful for you.
- Happy Thanksgiving to the lady who taught me most of what I know, including how to be grateful for all the blessings in my life.
- I’m thankful to my mom and all the moms out there who work so hard to make the holidays special. Happy Thanksgiving!
For Your Dad
- A heartfelt thanks to you on this day, for being my guide, my teacher and my father. Happy Thanksgiving Dad!
- If not for you, I would not be where I am today. You have always shown me you care and have supported me like a pillar through everything. Thank you, dad.
- All you have taught me has become the foundation of my very being. Your words have given me stepping stones when I have lost my path. Thank you, dad.
- Thank you for making life better every day, Dad. Love you. Happy Thanksgiving!
- You are my best friend, my stress reliever, my perfect dad. Thank you for all the advice and for always having my back. I cannot imagine my life without you, dad. I hope you enjoy a warm and lovely Thanksgiving.
- You’re a role model for me and anyone that ever wanted to know how to be a perfect dad! Happy Thanksgiving, Dad!
- Thanksgiving wishes for a day filled with what you’ve always given me LOVE! I love you, Dad!
- I’m grateful for you everyday and thankful for your love. It’s an awesome part of my life and a real blessing from above. Happy Thanksgiving, Dad!
For Your Brother
- Thank you for being one of the most priceless blessings in my life. May this Thanksgiving be the best yet for you, dear brother.
- Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving Day to a wonderful brother whose love is one of the reasons I constantly experience happiness in my life. May your life know no sadness.
- I wish blessings, peace, love and happiness to you this Thanksgiving. Thank you for being a wonderful brother and a true friend to me.
- Dear brother, I’m sending you lots of love, hugs, and prayers this holiday season. May you enjoy the most joyous Thanksgiving so far!
- Thank you for being a great brother to me all my life. Happy Thanksgiving.
- I count having you as a brother amongst the few things I’m genuinely thankful for in this life. Happy Thanksgiving Day, my dear!
- Even though certain other family members may be missing, with you, our Thanksgiving will still be complete.
- Family memories begin with family! We are thankful to have you in ours and want to wish you the happiest Thanksgiving ever! Happy Thanksgiving to my brother and his family!
- For a special brother and his lovely wife. May your Thanksgiving be a day of joy and appreciation for family and for life! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving, Brother! We have so many awesome memories of Turkey Days gone by. Let’s enjoy them and make new ones let’s start with a big plate of pumpkin pie!
For Your Sister
- Whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful, whatever brings you happiness, may it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year!
- Happy Thanksgiving to you, my dearest sister. Thank you for filling my soul with immeasurable happiness.
- Your presence in my life is treasured. Have a blessed and cheerful Thanksgiving.
- The gift of having a wonderful sister like you in my life is one of the greatest blessings of my life. Wishing you a Thanksgiving filled to the brim with God’s amazing love and blessings.
- Here’s wishing my lovely sister a very spectacular Thanksgiving Day! I can’t stop thanking you for the immeasurable joy, laughter, and happiness that you always bring to my world.
- Nothing is more important in life than thanking God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon us. Dear sister, you are one of my biggest blessings. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Dearest sister, you are someone who is so adorable and worthy of countless praises because you bring so much happiness, joy, and inspiration to this family. I wish you an extraordinarily wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
- I can never ever swap the joy of having an amazing sister like you for the entire world. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I have been looking forward to this day all year, where I get to enjoy a large, delicious dinner in the entertaining company of you and the entire family. Happy Thanksgiving, my dearest sister.
- Sis, it has been a long time since I have spent quality time with you, and I have no doubts in mind that this Thanksgiving is going to be the perfect opportunity for us to catch up.
- I have always been thankful for having someone as caring as you involved in my childhood, and I am even more grateful that we are getting to spend another Thanksgiving together as adults.
- May this Thanksgiving be filled with the type of memories that will have our great-grandchildren still observing the holiday even long after we are gone.
- Giving thanks for you and your family. Each and every one of you holds a place in our hearts! Happy Thanksgiving to an awesome sister and her family.
For Your In-Laws
- There have been times when I forgot to thank you for being there for me. I take this day to tell you how special you are and how great my life has become because of you. Have a memorable Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving, sweet Mother-in-law! May this festival of plenty bless you with absolute joy.
- Mother-in-law, my life instantly became more joyful and beautiful from the moment you came into my world. Thank you for everything. I hope you have a joyful and magical Thanksgiving Day!
- Thanksgiving is a very important day of the year to appreciate all the wonderful things and people in our lives. For me, one of the most amazing people in my life that I can think of is you, my dearest Mother-in-law. Have a truly joyous holiday!
- Wishing my wonderful Mother-in-law the happiest of Thanksgiving celebrations. Mom, may God continue to shower unlimited blessings of joy upon your life.
- Dearest Mother-in-law, ever since I met you, every blessed day has been so awesome for me and I can’t stop appreciating you for all that you do for me. Happy Thanksgiving Day!
- My amazing and truly inspirational Father-in-law, I wish you a very blessed and glorious Thanksgiving! Thank you for making me the happiest daughter/son-in-law on the planet.
- On this Thanksgiving, may God bless you enormously with a universe of happiness and love. You deserve this and so much more for being a truly wonderful father-in-law and friend.
- Today is one of the most spectacular days of the year. I use this remarkable day to thank you for being more of a father to me than a father-in-law. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Father-in-law, you are such a blessing to the entire family and me. May God extend your life and gift you more blessings than your world can accommodate.
- Happy Thanksgiving to the sweetest father-in-law in the universe. I hope this last Thursday of November will bring you endless hours of love and joy. Have a blessed day.
- For all that you are and for all that you do, we are so thankful just to know you two. A fantastic son and a daughter-in-law we love, we’ve been given a beautiful blessing from God up above! Happy Thanksgiving to a special son and daughter-in-law!
- Blessings have abounded in our lives and they include having the two of you be a part of what makes us a family. Happy Thanksgiving to our daughter and son-in-law!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a great son-in-law! We’re so thankful to have you in the family!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful son-in-law. I’m thankful for the love, care, and support you give to your family.
- Happy Thanksgiving to my amazing mother-in-law. I’m so thankful to have you in my life.
For Your Daughter
- Daughter, thank you for the wonderful time we have shared together. I love all the activities and fun things you plan for us to do. You and I always have the best of adventures and create the world’s happiest memories. Thank you for being you. And thank you for being mine.
- Thank you for being you- a beautiful daughter that is in every way, the apple of our eyes. We don’t consider it to be just a responsibility, being your parents- but an honor and a privilege
- May your holiday, home, and hearts be filled with love and blessings this Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving to our daughter and her family!
- You’ve transcended your role of daughter and have become my friend. I am truly thankful for that! Happy Thanksgiving!
- May you have a Thanksgiving that’s full of flavor, brimming with joy, and steeped in love. Thanksgiving blessings to my daughter!
For Your Son
- Happy Thanksgiving to our son and his family. We could never fully explain to you how much you are loved nor how proud we are to have you in our family. We wanted you to know that we appreciate you just for being you and the joy that you bring into our lives.
- Thank you, son. Not only for being the man that you have become but for bringing joy into my life by being the kind of son you’ve been.
- Thank you, son, for all of the memories we’ve had the opportunity to give each other throughout the years. I love you, and I am grateful for the man you’ve become.
- Thank you for giving my life a powerful sense of purpose since the day you were born. You, son, are the most important piece of my life, and I love you.
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful son. You’re everything I could ever wish for.
- Being grateful is easy – I just think of you. Happy Thanksgiving to a truly beloved son.
- Happy Thanksgiving to someone who has brought so much love and joy into my life. I will always be thankful for my wonderful son.
- I remember when you used to sit at the kids table. Now you have a family of your own, and I know you’re just as thankful for them as we’ve always been for you. Happy Thanksgiving, son.
- I’m thankful for your laugh, your spirit, your kindness, and most of all, for the man you’ve become. In short, I’m thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving to a son like no other.
For Your Teacher
- An education is one of the best gifts to ever receive. Thank you for being such a wonderful teacher! An education is one of the best gifts to ever receive. Thank you for being such a wonderful teacher!
- Thank you for everything you've done to make me a better and wiser student.
- We are so filled with gratitude for all you do for our child—in and outside of the classroom. Here's to a wonderful Thanksgiving for you and yours.
For Your Spouse/Partner
- Full of love, full of gratitude, full of happiness because I married you! Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful husband!
- Every day I am reminded of the greatest blessing I’ve received. I always show my gratitude for all you are to me. I am so very thankful for having you in my life. You’re more to me than anyone can dream, you’re my wonderful and beautiful wife! Happy Thanksgiving!
- I have been blessed with someone to call my true love, my best friend, my husband and for that, I am eternally grateful. I love you now and always! Happy Thanksgiving!
- I give thanks for your kind words, for your tender caresses, and for you loving me like no other. Happy Thanksgiving with love!
- Love, happiness, blessings, and joy that’s what I have because of you. Happy Thanksgiving to my wife!
For Your Spouse/Partner
- "Full of love, full of gratitude, full of happiness because I married you! Happy Thanksgiving To My Wonderful Husband!"
- "Every day I am reminded of the greatest blessing I’ve received. I always show my gratitude for all you are to me. I am so very thankful for having you in my life. You’re more to me than anyone can dream, you’re my wonderful and beautiful wife! Happy Thanksgiving!"
- "I have been blessed with someone to call my true love, my best friend, my husband and for that, I am eternally grateful. I love you now and always! Happy Thanksgiving!"
- "I give thanks for your kind words, for your tender caresses, and for you loving me like no other. Happy Thanksgiving With Love!"
- "Love, happiness, blessings, and joy that’s what I have because of you. Happy Thanksgiving to My Wife!"
Can't Be There
- Thanksgiving wishes from across the miles from our house to yours. May your home be filled with laughter and happiness!
- Thanksgiving always brings back childhood memories of mouth-watering food, family games, and delicious pie. Although I can't make it this year, I'll still be there in spirit. Happy Thanksgiving, I miss you.
- Our homes may be far apart, but our hearts are as close as always.
- "This Friendsgiving, let's enjoy the laughter of friends, mouth-watering aromas, and cheer that we'll remember for years to come." ~ Homemade Gifts Made Easy
- "This Thanksgiving, cherish the time spent with your family as a reminder of why you moved very far away from your family." ~ Anonymous
- "Let us be thankful to the people who bring us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. " ~ Marcel Proust, from Pleasures and Days
- "Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are." ~ Joyce Giraud
- “In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day–or to celebrate each special day.” ~ Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” ~ Epictetus
- "One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child." ~ Carl Jung, Collected Works