Making your own thank you cards is not only easy, it's also a great way to show your appreciation and gratitude to someone. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than store-bought cards! This blog post will show you how to make easy homemade thank you cards using supplies that you probably already have in your craft stash. Also, if you’re having a hard time thinking of what to say in a thank you card, we’ve got you covered! We’ve got a handful of thank you card messages, quotes, sayings, and more right here.
What to Write in a Thank You Card
Are you wondering what to say in a thank you card? A handwritten thank you note card is always the best way to go when it comes to saying thank you. But what do you write in a handmade thank you card? How can you express your gratitude in a way that feels personal and meaningful?
Check out Altenew’s Greeting Card Messages page, where we share some ideas for what to write in a thank you card - so you can show gratitude with style! So, whether you’re thanking a teacher, a neighbor, a friend, a spouse, or a family member or thanking someone for a gift, a job opportunity, or an invitation - we’ve got something for everyone.
Here are a few thank you card messages and quotes that you can use on your next handmade thank you cards.
- I appreciate everything you've done for me. Please know that I'm here for you, too, and I'll drop everything in a second just to help you out.
- Thank you for being my best friend, my biggest supporter, and my partner in crime. You are truly a blessing, and I can't thank you enough for simply being there.
- Our laughs? Limitless. Our memories? Countless. Our friendship? Endless. I'm glad we're friends for so many reasons! Thank you! (Friends Forever Stamp Set)
- You are such a gift! Your presence in the office makes everything better, and I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me.
- A million thanks for the wedding invitation! I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have prior commitments and won't make it. I wish you all the best, and let's catch up soon! (Rejecting an invitation)
- To the world's best teacher... Thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty! (Educators Rule Stamp Set)
- Thank you for this awesome gift! I couldn't have picked out a better gift for myself, and believe me, I tried!
- "For the yesterdays and todays, and the tomorrows I can hardly wait for -- Thank you." - Cecelia Ahern
- I'm so grateful for this job opportunity! Thank you for the offer. I cannot wait to meet the rest of the team and start contributing to the company. (Accepting a job offer)
Need more thank you card quotes and messages? Browse more Thank You Card Messages!
How Do You Write a Good Thank You Note?
In a world of texts, direct messages, emails, and tweets, a handwritten thank you note can seem like a thing of the past. But, when done well, there's nothing quite like receiving a personalized letter conveying your appreciation and gratitude. So, how do you write a good thank you note? It starts with taking the time to craft something that comes from your heart and being thoughtful in your selection of words. You can mention how much their help, gift, job offer, friendship, attendance at your wedding or party, etc. meant to you. Be honest and express your gratitude in your own unique way.
Follow these simple tips, and you'll be on your way to sending out heartfelt thank you note cards that will be much appreciated.
14 Easy Homemade Thank You Cards
Are you ready to whip up your own thank you cards? Do you need some inspiration to get started? There's something for everyone here, from cute thank you cards to watercolor thank you cards. Happy crafting!
1. 3D embossing on a handmade thank you card is always a brilliant idea! Not only do you save time, but you also don’t need too many supplies! Erum’s 3D embossed thank you card by stenciling and using a Fine Liner Pen to draw the stamens and a rough outline around the image for a hand-drawn look.
2. If you can’t send a bouquet or basket of flowers to thank someone, why not send them a thank you note card WITH an image of a basket of flowers? Norine took it up a notch by 3D embossing the background with the Deck Planks 3D Embossing Folder.
3. When crafting the perfect thank you card design, go big or go home! Erum definitely went BIG by stenciling the stunning, large floral image from our Golden Days Simple Coloring Stencil Set.
4. If you want your handmade thank you cards to sparkle and shine, our Glitter Cardstock Sets are for you! In her thank you card, Svitlana took her die-cuts to the next level by using glitter cardstock paper. They’re quick and easy to use and free of loose glitter mess!
5. Bird of the Woods is one of the many Altenew stamp sets that lets you look like a legit artist, and with a few clever tips and tricks from Norine, you can whip up your own cute thank you cards using this set too!
6. If you’re into watercolor thank you cards, then Lydia’s gorgeous card will spark your creativity. Find out how she used three types of watercolor to create the bright and vibrant flowers in her card.
7. It’s always great to stretch your crafting supplies, especially if you’re pressed for time and can’t come up with a thank you card design in minutes. Who would’ve thought you could use the negative spaces from the Craft-A-Flower: Anemone Layering Die Set masks as a stencil? Let Lydia inspire you and teach you how to create a DIY stencil using layering dies!
8. Who doesn’t love butterflies and dainty little florals? Aga’s CAS handmade thank you card is a total knockout, and your recipient will definitely adore it as much as we do!
9. Black cardstock, metallic watercolors, and a Charming Mandala - what more could you ask for?! Virginia’s unique and shiny DIY thank you card is definitely a must-try!
10. Say thank you with a delicate and super detailed Majestic Bouquet! We love how Emily simply white-embossed the bouquet on her homemade thank you card and used a white pencil to add shading to some of the petals and leaves. This extra step adds more depth and detail to the images and helps them stand out even further from the pretty blue background.
11. Inspired by Laurie’s CAS style, Norine decided to create a mini slimline thank you card using simple color blocking. How refreshing!
12. What’s the recipe for a standout handmade thank you card layout? A dry embossed background, a floral cluster, and a sentiment that pops! You can find all of these in Lydia’s beautiful and simple thank you card.
13. Sometimes we all need a good and quick layout and thank you card design that would be easy to stamp and mass produce. Here’s Laurie to the rescue! You’ll need the Halftone Squares Stamp Set, Many Thanks Stamp Set, and rainbow ink colors, and you’re all set.
14. Die cutting is such a wonderful card making technique. It’s not only quick and precise, but it also allows you to cut out any intricate or detailed shape with crisp creases and clean edges. Aga has a super CAS monochromatic thank you card that only requires die-cutting! No stamps were harmed in the creation of this lovely card!
Start Creating DIY Thank You Cards Today!
Whether you’re looking for a few last-minute thank you cards or want to start stockpiling some heartfelt thank you notes for the future, we’ve got you covered. These 14 easy homemade thank you cards will show your appreciation in style, and with a little bit of effort on your part, you can also customize them to fit any occasion. Ready to get started? Try these simple steps and see how easy it is to say “thank you” with a handmade card!
Don’t forget to drop by our Thank You Card Messages page for more ideas on what to say in a thank you card!