If you're a card maker, scrapbooker, or paper crafter, then you know that using clear stamps is a great way to add personality and interest to your projects. And if you're looking for a way to sprinkle some extra flair, try using clear alphabet stamps! With these stamps, you can create custom words, names, and phrases that add meaning (or just fun) to your handmade creations. In today’s post, we're sharing 9 absolute must-have alphabet stamp sets to transform your projects instantly!
How to Use Alphabet Stamps
Here are a few simple steps on how to use alphabet stamps:
- Choose the alphabet letter stamps and place them on your stamping block. You can use an acrylic stamp block or a MISTI. Most stamping tools have grid lines making it easier to align the letters.
- Once you’re sure that the letters are in a neat, straight line, you can ink them up. Depending on the technique or design you’re going for, you can use dye ink, pigment ink, or embossing ink.
- Carefully pick up your stamping block and press it onto your cardstock.
- In case you didn’t get a good or crisp impression, you can always ink up your clear alphabet stamps and stamp again.
How to Use Alphabet Stamps on Your Paper Crafts
While they might look like just regular alphabet letters, a good clear alphabet stamp set can breathe life into your handmade cards, scrapbook pages, bullet journals, and other DIY crafts. You might be surprised at how much you love these versatile stamps once you start using them on your projects. Clear alphabet stamps make it easy to add text, title, monogram, or unique designs to your projects. Plus, they come in various fonts, styles, and sizes (uppercase and lowercase).
Here are a few fun and crafty ways to use alphabet letter stamps (and dies!) on your next project!
- Personalize your envelopes and stationery with a monogram, just like Karin’s project above. Big alphabet stamps and dies are ideal if you want to create a monogram with a wow factor.
- Create a DIY stenciled background using the fan-favorite Caps Bold Alphabet Die Set, like Lydia’s card here.
- Use clear alphabet stamps to add your name to DIY bookmarks, tags, notebooks, journal pages, etc.
- Add a fun, repeated background on your card or scrapbook using your alphabet stamps.
- Use your favorite alphabet stamp set to add a monogram (or someone’s name) on a tea koozie. Any size will do, but big alphabet stamps will surely make a significant impact on your DIY project.
- Make your handmade card stand out with fun and bold sentiments using a combination of various craft alphabet stamps and dies. Watch the video below to recreate Therese’s fun cards!
- Add a fun greeting or sentiment to your projects using alphabet stamps with unique styles or fonts. Here’s an example card idea by Laurie.
- In her colorful cards, Lydia shared different ways to create with the Brush Alpha Die Set. She used different colored card bases, did inlaid die-cutting, and used stamped die-cut letters.
9 Best Clear Alphabet Stamp Sets You Need In Your Crafting Kit!
Alphabet letter stamps are a staple in every crafter’s tool kit - no matter what type of paper crafting you’re into. However, with crafting companies releasing a plethora of fonts and styles, it could get a bit overwhelming for both beginner and seasoned crafters to choose the best clear alphabet stamps. Don’t worry! We’ve listed 9 of our customer-favorite alphabet stamp sets here, along with project inspiration, so you can easily shop for your next go-to alphabet stamps!
- Floral Alphabet Stamp Set - This bestselling set puts the F in flair! Each letter in this clear alphabet stamp set has doodled florals! This set is excellent for creating monograms, card sentiments, layout titles, and DIY crafts. You may stamp and color in the floral images or leave them as-is. They will also look great when embossed in gold against a dark background or stitched on a hoop art project!
- Modern Alphabet Stamp Set - This uppercase alphabet stamp set is ideal if you’re looking for a fun, modern twist on your design. The cool and contemporary font is versatile enough for a wide range of crafting projects.
- Tall Alpha Stamp Set - Whether it’s a card, scrapbook, journal, or customized gifts, this craft alphabet stamp set will be your go-to! The tall letters will make a bold statement on your project but are slim enough to form longer words in a narrow space. So versatile!
- Thick and Thin Alpha Stamp Set - Sometimes, it’s hard to decide whether to get thick or thin alphabet stamps. Why not get both? This uppercase alphabet stamp set has the best of both worlds. It has the same font, one thick and one thin, allowing you to stamp them individually or layered together for a new look!
- Ombré Alpha Stamp Set - Want to instantly achieve an ombré look with only a single ink color? This stamp set is for you! Stamp them as-is in any ink color, or heat emboss them for an added shine!
- Calligraphy Stamp Set - If you’re into hand lettering and calligraphy, you’re going to adore this lowercase alphabet stamp set! The letters in the set are designed to look like contemporary calligraphy - perfect for bullet journals, scrapbook pages, cards, and other DIY crafts.
- Tall Alpha Lowercase Stamp Set - Altenew fans adored the Tall Alpha Stamp Set and requested a lowercase version. So, we delivered! These tall lowercase letters will make a bold statement on any crafting project. The best thing about them is they are slim enough to form longer words in a narrow space.
- Mega Brush Alpha Stamp Set - This fun, lowercase alphabet stamp set is another customer favorite! Designed to look like contemporary brush calligraphy, this stamp set contains all the letters of the alphabet, including extra stamps for an exclamation point, question mark, double L's, and double T's to give the impression that you hand-lettered the words yourself. How fun is that?!
- ASL Love Stamp Set - This is a special Altenew-original design close to our hearts. We are honoring American Sign Language with this unique clear alphabet stamp set! The letters have been cleverly designed to include icons for each sign in the Fingerspelled Alphabet, along with its corresponding letter. In addition, a lowercase alphabet is included to complete this must-have set.
There you have it! These nine craft alphabet stamp sets have diverse fonts, styles, and designs to fit all your card making, scrapbooking, and paper crafting needs. If you still haven’t found “the one,” you might want to consider getting one or two of these sets. It’s always handy to have a few alphabet letter stamps in your crafting arsenal. This way you can try different techniques, layouts, and designs. Plus, it’s fun to mix and match various fonts and styles! If you need more card making ideas and tips, head over to our All About Crafting page now!