Father’s Day is just around the corner! Are you looking for some unique and easy-to-make Father’s Day card ideas? Not sure what to say in a Father’s Day card? You've come to the right place! We've put together a list of 16 fun cards for Father’s Day that your dad is sure to love. Plus, we've included some Father’s Day card messages that you can write on the inside of your card. Whether you’re a beginner, an expert, or someone trying crafting for the first time, we’ve got you covered! Get ready to surprise the father figures in your life with a one-of-a-kind DIY Father's Day card this year!
When Is Father’s Day?
Father’s Day is celebrated around the world every third Sunday in June. Father’s Day 2022 is on June 19. This is the perfect time to honor and celebrate your dad, daddy, pops, papa, granddad, grandpa, uncle, brother, or anyone who took the role of a “father” in your life.
A Brief History of Father’s Day
How did Father’s Day start? Who started it? When did it become a holiday? Here’s a brief history of Father’s Day.
We all owe it to a young woman who, one day, decided that she wanted to designate a special day to honor her father. In May 1909, at a Mother’s Day sermon at a church in Spokane, Washington, Sonora Smart Dodd decided she wanted to celebrate her dad too. Her mother died upon giving birth to her youngest sibling, and so her father, William Jackson Smart, a Civil War veteran, took it upon himself to raise her and her five siblings. This gave Sonora the idea for Father’s Day. She wrote a petition for the holiday to be recognized in her city. And the rest is history.
The first Father’s Day was officially celebrated in Spokane on June 19, 1910. Before Father’s Day cards were a thing, fathers were given red roses by their daughters during church service. Those who attended also showed their respect for fathers by pinning a rose - red for the living, white for the deceased.
As the Father's Day holiday approaches, many people are stumped on what to say in a Father’s Day card. After all, what do you say to the man who has been there for you your entire life? Fear not because we have created a page with some of the best Father's Day card messages and quotes to help get you started. Whether your dad is a jokester or a more serious type, we have something for everyone. So, break out your card making supplies and start creating! We know your dad will appreciate whatever you come up with.
Here are some examples of what to write in a Father’s Day card:
- For all the times that I forgot to "thank you," for the countless, special things you do, for all the words that sometimes go unspoken, for all the times I have taken you for granted, I want to say I love you... (Find this sentiment in our Precious Moments Stamp Set)
- It's the little memories that will last a lifetime. Dad, you are my life's anchor! (Find this sentiment in our Precious Moments Stamp Set)
- Thank you for being such a great father figure to me. I couldn't have asked for a better second dad.
- We don't need to be related by blood for me to feel loved. I'm super blessed and thankful to have you as my dad. Happy Father's Day!
- Today, I want to celebrate the fantastic dad and wonderful partner that you are. You are my world, and I am so grateful to have you in my life.
- I just want you to know that you are doing great! There might be some hiccups (and sleepless nights, crying, diaper-changing, feeding, etc.) along the way, but you're already a natural at being a dad. Happy Father's Day!
- "Any fool can have a child. That doesn't make you a father. It's the courage to raise a child that makes you a father." - Barack Obama
- You might not be as cool as Batman or as strong as Superman, but you're a superhero in my eyes. Thank you for being my Super Dad!
- I want you to know that you're my favorite parent! P.S. Please don't tell mom. I love you, dad! Thank you for giving me my sense of humor!’
- "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." - Billy Graham
Need more ideas on what to say in a Father’s Day card? Check out this page!
How to Make a Father's Day Card
Making cards for Father’s Day is a tradition in many families. It can be a fun way to show your dad how much you care, and it's an excellent opportunity to get creative. If you're looking for ideas on how to make a Father's Day card that will really stand out, check out these card making ideas. There are designs for all ages, levels, and abilities, so you'll find something that will suit your needs. And don't forget to add a personal touch—Dad will surely appreciate it!
Father’s Day Card Ideas
1. Tell your dad that he’s a classic with the adorable Mini Delight; You’re a Classic Stamp and Die Set. This set features a fun retro convertible, perfect for dads who are into cars! Plus, the sentiment “you’re a classic” makes for a great Father’s Day card message! Find out how Virginia created her card here.
2. Is your husband or partner a certified gamer? Lydia's super fun and unique Father’s Day card idea will definitely put a smile on his face! You can also use the same design for your Valentine’s Day card! Find out how Lydia created her card here.
3. Move over Superman and Batman! For most of us, our dad is the only superhero in our lives. We look up to him in so many ways. You can mix and match a few sentiments in your stash to create the perfect Father’s Day card message, just like Jen did here.
4. Add an extra texture to your cards for Father’s Day with some Pegboard Canvas Cover Die and embroidery floss. With this card idea, all you’ll need is a simple sentiment, and you’re good to go!
5. A simple thank you message can go a long way, whether on a homemade Father’s Day card or Mother’s Day card. Linda’s simple card features a platinum-embossed and watercolored background from the Geometric Botany Stamp Set and a simple “thanks” die-cut.
6. For the more advanced card maker, this DIY Father’s Day card idea is for you! Seeka used a gel press, acrylic paints, and the Magnolia Ballerina 3D Embossing Folder to create her shiny card.
7. If cards are not your thing, we’ve got a great DIY Father’s Day gift idea for you! The Thank You Builder Stamp Set is the ONE thank you sentiment stamp set that you need in your craft room. It features different font sizes and fun typography! Kymona stamped different thank yous on her heart-shaped wooden photo stand using our Permanent Black Ink to create this quick and easy DIY gift! Using our Pigment Inks, you can also try this idea on other surfaces - acrylic, plastic, and fabric.
8. Dana Joy’s DIY Father’s Day card idea is so simple; anyone can do it! She simply stamped the large bloom from Here For You Stamp Set on Watercolor Paper, watercolored it, and embossed the card for additional texture. We love how simple yet meaningful her sentiment is!
9. Flowers might not be the first choice for some when it comes to cards for Father’s Day, but there are so many ways to add masculine vibes to a floral card. Check out that stunning royal blue background on Alex’s Father’s Day card!
10. Another fun Father’s Day card idea from Dana Joy featured our A Little Bit of Love Stamp Set, coordinating stencil, and Halftone Stencil. We also love the versatility of her card’s sentiment (which was from Paint-A-Flower: Calla Lily Outline Stamp Set)!
11. Father’s Day is, first and foremost, a celebration of all the strong, amazing, and courageous dads out there. “Celebrating you” is definitely one of the best Father’s Day card messages.
12. It might be challenging to think of what to write in a Father’s Day card. There are a million things you want to thank him for! Terri’s tone-on-tone card featured our Angled Mosaic 3D Embossing Folder, Sketched Lines Stencil, and the recently retired fan-favorite – Best Dad Stamp Set.
13. LauraJane made her Father’s Day card message stand out using the Fancy Greetings Stamp Set! And the beautiful mandala (from the Mandala Builder Stencil Set) made her card even more special!
14. Perfect for Father's Day, yet versatile enough for year-round use, our Thanks, Dad Mini Stamp Set will help you show the fathers in your life that you appreciate them. In Svitlana’s homemade Father’s Day card, she simply stamped the bow image repeatedly on the background and added a sweet sentiment.
15. For dads who have been bitten by the travel bug, Jaycee’s DIY Father’s Day card idea is a must-try! He combined our Sketchy Cities America 2 Stamp Set and Spheres & Spirals Stamp & Die Bundle to create this incredibly creative card for Father’s Day!
16. If you want a clean, simple, and classy card design, Svitlana’s homemade Father’s Day card is for you! With a simple embossed background on a dark-colored cardstock, her Father’s Day card message (die cut out of gold) truly stands out!
Try These Easy and Fun Father’s Day Cards Now!
It's time to get creative and show the father figure/s in your life just how grateful you are for everything they do. We've provided 16 ideas for easy and fun Father's Day cards that should help spark your creativity. So, go ahead and try one (or all!) of these ideas now. Also, feel free to drop by our Father’s Day Card Messages page if you’re stumped and don’t know what to say in a Father’s Day card.