Do you find yourself going down the “home decor ideas” rabbit hole on Pinterest daily? Don’t worry; you’re not alone. We know that decorating a room or space can be a struggle. Mainly if you have limited space or you are living in a rent-controlled apartment. Sometimes you have no option to let your creative flag fly. Or you have neither the time nor the budget to upgrade your humble abode’s decoration. The good news is, you don’t need to stick to bland, boring, and unexciting home and wall decor! Take your home decor skills to the next level with beautiful, unique, and budget-friendly wall decals.
What are wall decals?
In case you are not familiar with decals, these are pretty much like decorative stickers that you can adhere to walls, cabinets, drawers, or any surface that you want to decorate. These could be transparent, clear, or matte. Unlike ordinary stickers, though, vinyl decals are made out of repositionable and removable adhesives. This will ensure that you can easily move or remove them, which is especially helpful if you live in rent-controlled apartments.
Check out this short and quick video featuring a variety of Altenew’s wall decal sets!
5 Stunning and Pinterest-Worthy Wall Decal Decor Ideas!
1. Add a pop of color to those boring white walls!
One of the best ways to level up your home decor is to add some colors to your plain old boring walls. We know what you’re thinking. That’s expensive! Adding some wall decal decor doesn’t need to cost you the earth or take too much of your time and effort.
Altenew wall decal sets will allow you to add just the right amount of decoration to any wall in your home. We offer a wide range of sizes and designs to help you decide which one suits your needs. CLICK HERE to choose the perfect decal for your home.
If you’re looking to add a pop of color to your walls and can’t decide on the color, the Watercolor Dots Decal Set is a great choice! This trendy decal set features 18 watercolor dots in 9 rainbow colors. It will surely add some fun and whimsy to any space - whether it’s your living room, bedroom, or your home office! This decal is made of white vinyl with a matte finish and measures 25.5" x 12".
Here are some wall decal for bedroom ideas that you can quickly try:
Are you looking for wall decor for living room ideas? Here are a few decal sets to help you get started!
2. Spruce up your furniture and appliances!.
Decals are perfect for adding beauty to your bedroom or living room walls. But that doesn't mean you can only use them to decorate walls! Our vinyl decals are perfect for decorating any smooth surface – windows, cabinets, drawers, organizers, boards, and even your favorite paper crafting tools and supplies!
Since wall decals come in various sizes, you can easily choose a small design for small spaces. For instance, the Blue Flower Decal is great for adding a bit of flair to an otherwise dull and simple mailbox.
The Watercolor Bliss Decal Set, on the other hand, has the perfect design and sentiment that can go on any cabinet, drawer, or surface without making it appear “too busy.” It features four gorgeous watercolored floral clusters printed onto clear transparent vinyl. The largest cluster measures approximately 24" x 28", and the smallest cluster is about 8" x 10". This gorgeous wall decal set also includes two inspirational words printed in black, "Blessed" and "Grateful.” The ideal surface for this particular decal set is a glossy surface, such as windows, cars, or furniture.
3. Personalize your gadgets!
Your gadgets are a vital part of your home, especially if you have a home office, and therefore counts as “home decor.” Whether it’s a laptop, a tablet PC, or just your smartphone, you can easily customize them with a bit of help from decals. Small wall decals for your bedroom, such as the Amour Decal Set and Craft Room Decal Set, are also perfect for customizing gadgets.
4. Customize simple and everyday stuff around your home.
When choosing a decal set for your home, you need to remember a few things. Take into consideration the color of your walls and the colors of everyday stuff and trinkets around your home. This will help you create the best wall decal decor for your home.
There’s a variety of unique and versatile wall decal designs available in the market. This makes it easier for you to find the perfect decal set that will not clash with any colors or designs around your home. Here are a few things that you can easily decorate with decals:
- Drinking bottle
- Pen holder
- Trinket dish
- Storage boxes
- Plastic containers
- To-do board
- Motivation board
- Your fave mug or cup
- Sewing machine
- Embossing/Die-cutting machine
5. Make some DIY photo frames!
It is important to keep photographs of your family, friends, and loved ones around your home. These mementos give your humble abode a “homey” feel. However, if you want to break the monotony of smiling faces, try creating a DIY photo frame with decals. It’s super easy to create one too! All you’ll need is an empty photo frame and your chosen decal set. Here are our recommendations:
- Watercolor Bliss Decal Set
- Choose Happiness Decal Set
- Bright Bouquet Decal Set
- Vintage Roses Decal Set
- You Can Decal Set
- Textured Bouquet Decal Set
Recreating some fabulous wall decor for living room ideas that you found on Pinterest or Instagram shouldn’t be that hard. While decals are known to be a bit pricey, the good news is that they are high-quality, durable, and you can reuse them when you move into a new house or you decide to redecorate your home.
Before you jump right into redesigning your home decor, here are a few more tips to remember when creating your own wall decal decor:
- Keep it clean and simple. You don’t want to go overboard with the colors and the designs. Otherwise, it would look like a not-so-pleasing Jackson Pollock painting. Unless that’s what you’re going for.
- Mix and match decal designs. As mentioned before, you can add bits and pieces of some decal sets to various stuff around your home. Your favorite tumbler or mug, your paintbrush holder, your die-cutting machine, your pencil and marker holders, and even picture frames on your desk. If you look around you, it’s so easy to find something to decorate with decals - from the tiniest paintbrush to the largest drawer you have.
- Visualize the overall look of the design first. This should be the first thing that you do before sticking those decals on your walls or your stuff. Imagine how it would look like with the rest of the room or space.
- Choose a theme or a color palette. Another vital thing to remember is to stick to a color palette or choose a theme. If you love flowers, then go for floral-themed decals. Love traveling? Then choose travel-themed decals like THESE.
- Personalize it according to your needs. You don’t want to decorate just for the sake of decorating. If you are someone who needs constant visual reminders around you such as notes, to-do list, grocery list, appointment reminders, etc., here are a few decal sets that you can try:
We hope you found these fresh and fun ideas inspiring. The three most important things to remember when upgrading your home decor is that it doesn’t need to be expensive, time-consuming, or challenging. All you need is a bit of creativity, some inspiration, and a wall decal set or two!