As National Children's Craft Day 2022 approaches (it’s on March 14, 2022!), now is the time to start planning some fun and easy DIY crafts for you and your kids or grandkids! From simple paper crafts to more complex DIY projects - there's something for everyone. So, gather up your crafting supplies and get ready to celebrate National Children's Craft Day with some fun and creativity! In this post, we’re sharing 8 children's craft ideas to get your kids and grandkids started.
What is National Children’s Craft Day?
National Children’s Craft Day is a special day to encourage the little ones to create crafts with their hands. It is a fun day to start crafting with your kids or grandkids. Teachers can also highlight the importance of doing arts and crafts in the classroom.
In this day and age, we can all agree that most children spend way too much time playing video games, browsing the Internet, watching YouTube videos, or checking their favorite social media channels. That’s why it is imperative to invite them to your craft room and teach them how to do beautiful handmade projects.
Here at Altenew, we firmly believe that paper crafting should be a family affair! That’s why we have been holding our annual Kids Coloring Contest. In this contest, we encourage crafty people to recruit the young creative members of their families. We hope to foster creativity among the little ones through this contest while having a fun and relaxing family activity.
When is National Children's Craft Day?
National Children's Craft Day is celebrated on the 14th of March every year. If you want to get ready for this fun and special event, make sure to prepare some quick, exciting, and easy crafts for children and, of course, craft with them!
How to Celebrate National Children’s Craft Day
There’s no better way to celebrate this day than to do some crafting, of course! From card making and scrapbooking to journaling and DIY crafting - there’s a ton of children’s craft ideas that you can do. A quick scroll through Pinterest and Instagram will spark your creativity right away. Depending on how young (or old) your kids are, there’s definitely a DIY craft idea for them out there.
Another exciting way to celebrate National Children’s Crafts Day is by posting your kids’ or grandkids’ crafts on social media using the hashtags #NationalChildren’sCraftDay or
Watch the video below to see how three generations can spend quality time crafting together. We hope it inspires you to craft with your kids or grandkids!
Easy Crafts to Do with Your Kids
Get ready to celebrate National Children’s Craft Day on March 14, 2022! This is a day to encourage and celebrate creativity in young minds. What better way to do that than with some fun and easy crafts for children?
Here are 8 easy crafts for kids (and grandkids) that you can try on this day!
1. DIY Ornaments - Die cutting is such a fun technique that won’t require too much time or effort. If you think about it, die-cutting is relatively safer than fussy cutting! The cutting edge of dies isn’t as sharp as they look. In this easy children’s craft idea by Virginia, your kids can be in charge of die-cutting the Christmas tree shapes out of the Night Before Christmas Die Set. The Christmas Tree Shape Dies are perfect for DIY gift tags, gift toppers, or Christmas ornaments.
2. Simple and Personalized Gift Wrapping - When it comes to children’s crafts, you want something quick and simple enough. Personalizing gifts is a wonderful way to teach them how to be creative and thoughtful at the same time. Check out Aga’s quick and simple gift wrapping idea HERE and try it with your little ones.
3. DIY Easter Basket - With Easter just around the corner, creating a fun miniature basket to keep those Easter eggs in is an excellent craft for your kids and grandkids. This easy craft for kids only requires some unique cardstock (Anna used our specialty cardstock) and a few die-cuts to decorate it!
4. Chalkboard Art - Chalkboard art is another quick and easy children’s craft idea! In her DIY craft, Anna simply repurposed an old clipboard, painted it with chalk paint, stamped her chosen images, and white heat-embossed it. Of course, you can go a step further by coloring it with watercolor pencils.
5. Paper Succulents - Move over paper flowers! Take your kids’ imagination to the next level and teach them how to make paper succulents using our Succulent Layering Die Set. If you’re looking for fun and creative DIY crafts for children, this is it.
6. DIY Notebook or Journal Decor - Kids need to enjoy learning, and what better way to do that than to decorate their notebooks and journals? The reindeer stamp set that Reiko used in her DIY journal is only of the many adorable stamp sets that Altenew offers. Your kid can stamp an image in the corner, on the cover, or fill up an entire page with stamped images. The creative possibilities are endless!
7. Easy DIY Party Invitations - Children’s crafts shouldn’t just be fun; they should be quick and easy too. These colorful DIY party invitations by Enza definitely brightened up her daughter’s birthday party. Try recreating them with your kids or grandkids!
8. Fun and Yummy Cake Toppers - If baking is something your little one enjoys, then this incredibly fun DIY cake topper project is for them! Sandra only used a stamp set, some inks, and toothpicks to decorate her delicious baked goodies. You and your kids will surely both enjoy this creative project.
Celebrate National Children's Craft Day 2022 with these 8 fun and exciting DIY children’s craft ideas! You don’t need to have all the supplies mentioned here to recreate these projects. Instead, use what you have in your craft room - be imaginative and creative! Most importantly, enjoy your quality time with the little ones! For more project ideas, check out our All About Crafting page HERE!