Sympathy Card Messages and Ideas
Thinking of sending sympathy messages to someone but don't know what to say? If you’re looking for what to write in a sympathy card, look no further! Send sweet, thoughtful, and touching messages of condolence for family, friends, partners, relatives, etc. Express your deepest sympathies with these ready-to-use card messages!
(click each category to see the messages)
- Loss of Husband/Wife
- Loss of Mother/Father
- Loss of a Child
- Loss of a Friend
- Loss of a Grandparent
- Loss of a Pet
- No person is ever really and truly alone. Those we loved, who live no more, leave their echo still: in our hearts, in our minds, and especially in our souls. (With Deepest Sympathy Stamp Set)
- I can only imagine the pain and grief you're feeling right now. I know I can't do much but I'm sending this card to let you know that I'm here for you. I'm sending prayers and wishes that you find peace and comfort during this difficult time.
- I'm here for you - if you need to talk, if you need a hug, or even if you just need to cry... I am your person. (Wings of Hope Stamp Set)
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. You are enough and you will get through this. I'm here for you whenever you're ready to talk.
- "Grief is the price we pay for love." - Queen Elizabeth II. I know that things are awful right now, but I promise it will get better. And I'm always here to support you no matter what.
- I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Please know that I'm here and I'm ready to lend an ear. Let's catch up soon.
- I want you to know that I'm here if you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to chat with, have drinks with -- anything! Don't hesitate to call or text.
- Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day. I hope this card cheers you up. (Floral Dahlia Stamp Set)
- Sending you hugs and positive vibes during this difficult time. I know that losing someone is hard - no matter what the circumstances are. I'm just a message away if you need anything.
- You are in my thoughts, today and always. Sending you this card with my deepest sympathy. (Watercolor Halftone Stamp Set)
- I'm sending my heartfelt condolences through this card. I want to be there for you, but I don't know how. I hope you know that you're in my prayers every day and I truly hope you can find happiness again.
- Those we hold closest to our hearts never truly leave us. They live on in the kindness they have shared, and the love and light they brought into our lives. (With Deepest Sympathy)
Loss of Mother/Father
- "Grieve so that you can be free to feel something else." -Nayyirah Waheed (Inspirational Quotes Stamp Set)
- Sending your family our deepest and sincerest condolences. We are truly sorry for your loss. Your mom/dad brought so much joy and love to everyone and she/he will be missed.
- I can't imagine what you're going through and I know that no amount of words can make you feel better. Take your time. I'm just here if you need anything.
Loss of a Child
- A mother's hug lasts long after she lets go. I know that wherever he/she is, your son/daughter can still feel your love through your warm hugs. He/she is gone too soon, but will never be forgotten. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
- My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that you somehow find comfort knowing that your beloved son/daughter is resting in peace among the angels.
- I know nothing I say can ever make you feel better, but please know that I care for you and you're in my thoughts and prayers. May your baby's loving memory live on and bring your comfort, peace, and strength.
Loss of a Friend
- Losing a dear friend is like losing a big part of you. My heart goes out to you. Sending you hugs and prayers, my friend.
- There's no wrong way to grieve. Whatever you're feeling now - embrace it, feel it, and own it. And when you're ready, I'll be here for you.
- You've got this and I've got you. Should you need anything at all, I'm only a phone call away. (Wings of Hope Stamp Set)
Loss of a Grandparent
- Sending my condolences to you and your family. May your beautiful memories with your grandma/grandpa comfort you during this challenging time.
- My heart is breaking for you. I don't even know what to say right now. I'm truly sorry for your loss - your grandma/grandpa was like a second grandparent to me. He/she will always be in my heart and my prayers.
- Please accept my sincerest condolences for the loss of your grandparent. I understand that my words won't do anything to lessen your grief, but I hope you know that I care for you and you're not alone.
Loss of a Pet
- I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that (name of pet) was such a big and important part of your family.
- We're sending you our sincerest condolences. I understand that losing a pet is like losing a child. (Name of pet) was such a jolly and sweet dog/cat and we will miss him/her too.
- May your memories with (name of pet) bring you peace and comfort during this tough time. I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how much he/she meant to you.
- "There are some who bring a light so bright to the world that even after they have gone, the light remains." - Unknown (With Deepest Sympathy Stamp Set)
- "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
- "There is a sacredness in tears; they are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love." - Washington Irving (Wings of Hope Stamp Set)
- "The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you’ll learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to." - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler
- "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose. For all that we love deeply becomes a party of us forever." - Helen Keller (With Deepest Sympathy Stamp Set)
- When it rains, look for rainbows. When it’s dark, look for stars. Sending you my heartfelt condolences. (Floral Dahlia Stamp Set)
- Sending you and your family our deepest sympathy during this tragic time. No words can convey how heartbreaking this is. We're going to miss him/her so much.
- Know this - you can start fresh every single morning. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place. (Inspirational Quotes Stamp Set)