Dancing Daisies | Florapedia
“Comes the little daisy, blooming fresh and fair, Springing bright and joyous in the morning air.” – T F Seward
Projects with Altenew Products in our Daisies Collection
“Behold the azure sea in front of you, the turquoise sky above you, the amber mountain beneath your feet, and the golden daisy in your hands. How are you not the richest person on earth?” – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
Everything You Need to Know About Daisies
(click each topic to learn more)
- Daisy Projects
- Altenew Products Featuring Daisies
- The Innumerable Variety of Daisies
- Symbolism of Daisies
Here, at Altenew, we are in love with this rich flora that can be found in the world around us.
Let’s take a look at the amazing product line up we have with our dancing daisies:
Daisies, with their long, colorful petals, bursting like little rays of sunshine, are known to capture hearts and deliver warm smiles to people all over the world. These beautiful blossoms exude simplicity, innocence, freshness, and happiness! They have been around since 2,200 B.C, popular not only in literature and poetry, but also as a popular girl’s name. It is believed that the daisy gets its name from the Old English Phrase “daes eage,” or “day’s eye”, because of the way it closes its petals in the evening, and blossoms at the first sight of morning. One of the distinct qualities of daisies is that technically they are two flowers in one. The large outer petals make up one flower, and the cluster of tiny petals that form the center “eye” make up another.
The Innumerable Variety of Daisies
“You can’t be sad when Daisy is around, she won’t let you.” – Maryam Faresh
Arguably, daisies are one of the best known, most loved and most easily recognizable flowers! Typically, when we hear the word “daisies,” we picture classic white petals around a bright yellow center. But the fact is that with more than 20,000 different types in its category, daisies are literally a celebrity in the flower kingdom. The top six in the spotlight are:
Symbolism of Daisies
“Daisies are like sunshine to the ground.” – Drew Barrymore
- Daisies may easily be considered ambassadors of spring!
- They are the birth flowers of April.
- Daisies not only symbolize new beginnings and rebirth, they also represent true love, friendship, cheerfulness, fun, beauty, hope, purity, and innocence.
- In Victorian times, daisies stood for loyalty and trust.
Different colors of these cheerful blooms may hold different meanings as well.
- While classic delicate white daisies are associated with purity, innocence, and humility, they may also be gifted to celebrate the birth of a baby.
- The more rare blue Marguerite daisy hints at openness and peace.
- Pink daisies are gentle blooms that represent true love and romance but can also symbolize feminine power.
- Bright yellow daisies, on the other hand, symbolize happiness and friendship!