Last modified: October 16, 2015
ALTENEW, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites: www.altenew.com, www.altenewblog.com, www.altenewacademy.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other technologies.
- From third parties, such as our business partners.
- Through Google AdSense Advertising on our Website (“GAA”).
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Email addresses, interests, and phone numbers.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Serve ads on our Website to our users based on their visit, interests and location to our Website and other sites on the Internet.
The technologies we and/or our third party business partner(s) use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Features and tools (e.g., pixels, SDKs and APIs) that allows us to send data about actions that people take on our Website (“Event Data”) to allow our business partner(s) to track conversions (“Conversion Tracking”), and to create custom audiences of people who have visited our Website (“Custom Audiences from our Website”)
- Tools that allows our data (e.g. email addresses and phone numbers) to be locally hashed on our system before we upload and pass such data to our business partner(s) to be used to create our custom audience (the “Hashed Data”).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Our business partner(s) will use the Event Data received to provide us with insights about the effectiveness of ads and the use of our Website, or to create a custom audience. Event Data will also allow our business partner(s) to better target ads and to optimize its systems. In connection with such targeting and optimization, our business partner(s) will: (i) use Event Data collected from our Website for ads optimization only after such Event Data has been aggregated with other data collected from other advertisers or otherwise collected on Facebook.
- Hashed Data will only be used for the matching process.
- Compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
- Provide measurement services and target ads.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Event Data, aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction, including our business partner(s).
We may also disclose your personal information and Event Data:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ALTENEW, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Opting out of Event Data. Users can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by clicking on the link aboutads.info/choices
- Opting out from GAA. Users can opt-out and set preferences for how Google advertises to them by using the Google Ad Settings page at https://goo.gl/3AAXUJ
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
222 Teall Ave, Syracuse NY 13210