Mother’s Day Card Messages and Ideas
Wondering what to write in a Mother’s Day card? Are you looking for the perfect way to express your love and gratitude for the mothers in your life? Here are some funny, witty, charming, and heartwarming things to write in a Mother’s Day card.
Mother's Day Messages
(click each category to see the messages)
- For Grandmother
- For Mother
- For Stepmother
- For Adoptive Mother
- For Foster Mother
- For Daughter/Granddaughter
- For New Moms
- For a Friend
- For Niece
- Thank you for teaching me a lot about family and love. You're the best grandma anyone could ever ask for!
- You'll always have a special place in my heart, grandma. I want you to know how much I admire the strong woman you are.
- Everything that I am today, I owe to you. Thank you for teaching me so many things. I'm so grateful to call you my nana.
- Words are not enough to express how lucky I am to have you as my mom. Thank you for the gift of life and love you've given me.
- Thank you for everything that you do for us. You are the glue that holds our family together.
- Every day I become a little bit more like you... And I couldn't be prouder! (Helpful Tip: use Altenew's Precious Moments Stamp Set)
- First my mother... forever my best friend... (Helpful Tip: use Precious Moments Stamp Set)
- You are the strongest, most loving, inspiring, selfless, patient, soft-hearted, and beautiful person I have ever known - and even that is an understatement!
(Helpful Tip: use Precious Moments Stamp Set)
- Everything I am you helped me to be. Mom, you are my sunshine! (Helpful Tip: use Best Mom Stamp Set)
- I'm proud to call you my mom. Thank you so much for coming into our lives.
- You might not have been there when I was born. But I definitely want you to stay in my life forever. I love you, mom.
- You've been such a huge part of my life, mom. I'm so excited to celebrate Mother's Day with you. Welcome to our family and Happy Mother's Day!
For Adoptive Mother
- You've given me so much love and treated me as your own. Thank you, mom!
- I couldn't have asked for a better mother. Thank you for taking care of me and making me feel welcome in your family.
- We may not be related by blood, but you've showered me with so much love and affection. I cannot thank you enough for that. I love you, mom!
For Foster Mother
- I don't know where I would be without you, mom. I'm so blessed to have you in my life.
- Thank you for accepting me in your life and treating me as your own. I admire and respect you, mom.
- Happy Mother's Day to the best foster mom ever! Your generous and warm heart inspires me to be a better person every day.
- Your son/daughter is truly fortunate to have you as their mom.
- I'm so proud of you, sis! You're an inspiration to me and to your children.
- A sister, a friend, and now a mother. I truly respect and admire you, sis. You make all of us proud! Happy Mother's Day!
- You inspire me to be a better mom every day. I'm truly proud of the incredible woman you've become!
- It seems like yesterday you were the sweet daughter/granddaughter I held in my arms. Seeing you with your own little ones brings me so much happiness.
- I can't believe you're a mom now! It seems only yesterday when you were running around in diapers. I'm so excited to finally greet you a Happy Mother's Day!
- You are more than just a mother-in-law to me. You are also my second mom! Thank you for welcoming me into your family.
- Your kind and loving son/daughter is a testament to the wonderful mother that you are. I'm so grateful to be part of your family!
- Earning your blessing and respect means more to me than you'll ever know. I'm truly happy to have you as my second mom.
For New Moms
- I'm so happy to finally greet you a Happy Mother's Day! Welcome to motherhood! I already know you're going to be so good at this.
- You're a fabulous first-time mom! Believe me when I say, you're a natural at this. Happy Mother's Day!
- To the best new mom ever, stop being so good at this! You're making all of us look bad. Cheers to a fun, quiet, and relaxing Mother's Day!
For a Friend
- You've been such a great friend to me that I have no doubt you'll be an even greater mom! Happy Mother's Day!
- Today is all about you! Pamper yourself, relax, and enjoy this day as we celebrate you! Happy Mother's Day!
- I want to wish you a Mother's Day full of hugs and kisses from your adorable kid/s! Seeing how great you are at being a mom brings me so much joy.
- I'm so proud to see a sweet little girl grow into a loving and caring mom. Your son/daughter is so lucky to call you mom.
- Watching you grow into a fantastic mother warms my heart. Just when I thought you couldn't be more incredible, you've proven me wrong. Happy Mother's Day!
- I can't believe this day would come! Seeing you grow up to be the most selfless and caring mom brings a smile to my face. I'm so proud of!
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colours of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” - Cardinal Mermillod
- Thank you for not sharing my baby pictures on social media. Happy Mother's Day to the best mom and cheapest therapist in the world!
- I know we drove you crazy and raising us was hard. If I could give you the world to repay you for everything, I would. For now, I hope this card does the job! Happy Mother's Day!
- You've done so much for me, mom and I hope you keep doing more! Kidding aside, let me take care of you and do stuff for you on this special day! Happy Mother's Day!