Last Updated: February 3, 2024
Excited for the upcoming Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales? We are, too! The holiday season is not just about festive decorations and spending time with loved ones – it’s also prime time for bargain hunters to score amazing deals. That’s why Black Friday and Cyber Monday have become pivotal dates on the calendar for savvy shoppers seeking discounts on various products.
Of course, here at Altenew, we’re excited to reveal our Black Friday craft deals and Cyber Monday promos. But... we don’t want to ruin the surprise!
In the meantime, while we’re eagerly awaiting Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023, we’d like to inspire you with some crafting ideas and projects that you will surely enjoy. Keep on reading for more shopping tips to make the most out of these two exciting sales!
DIY Inspiration: Ocean-Themed Bookmark
We all know at least one person who loves books - a family member, a close friend, or a coworker. And they are no doubt preparing to score tons of books in the upcoming Black Friday sale.
To support their love for reading, why not create customized bookmarks that are both aesthetic and functional? Plus, it’s ocean-themed; think: cool and relaxing colors meet chill vibes!
Here are a few crafting supplies you can use to create your own DIY bookmark:
- White Cardstock
- Glitter Gradient Cardstock Set - Ocean Reflection
- Botanical Bookmark Die
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine
- Seas the Day Stamp and Die Bundle
- Woodless Coloring Pencils
- Artist Alcohol Markers Bundle (24 Colors)
- Navy Gold Trim Washi Tape
- Other embellishments (optional)
How to make a DIY ocean-themed bookmark
Choose your favorite cardstock – feel free to use colored or glitter cardstock to add more pizzazz! Check out the example card above featuring our glitter cardstock.
Next, bring out your bookmark die (this can be any rectangular die) and a strip of cardstock (sample image above) and run them through your die-cutting machine. Make sure to tape it in place so that it doesn’t move around.
You can use the Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine, but if you have a bigger die-cutting machine, that works too!
Now that you’ve cut out your DIY bookmark, it’s time to decorate! Take your stamp set (preferably something ocean-themed), choose which design you want to use in your bookmark, and then stamp away!
After coloring, cut them using the coordinating dies. Then, adhere them to your DIY bookmark. You can add a strip of washi tape or other embellishments to frame and decorate your bookmark. Check out how the Navy Gold Trim Washi Tape accentuates the card below.
Cut out the overhanging images for a smooth-edged, standard bookmark or, you can leave it as-is for added interest.
And that’s it! Now you have a beautiful DIY ocean-themed bookmark that you can give to your family and friends, or use for your own books.
There are so many other themes you can do, as well! You can do a garden-themed bookmark with green cardstock, a fall-themed one with glitter cardstock, or a Christmas-themed bookmark using the Winter Foliage 3D Embossing Folder (Imagine the card below but as a bookmark!). Don't hold back - let your imagination run wild!
More Tips for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Craft Deals
The annual Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales happen across most stores and shops in the US, so you have a great chance of finding Black Friday arts and crafts deals. (And yes, we are participating, too, so join our mailing list to be notified of discounts and promos in the coming days.)
To make the most of these Black Friday craft deals, it’s important to plan ahead and do some preparation. Here are some shopping tips and preparations to help you navigate the frenzy of Black Friday and Cyber Monday craft sales:
- Research and plan ahead. Before diving headfirst into the sales, research and identify the items you’re interested in first. Compare prices across different retailers, and create a list of your priorities.
- Set a budget and prioritize. Try not to get carried away with discounts and overspending. Set a budget and prioritize items based on your needs and desires. Pro tip: Try to focus on high-value purchases, like the Stampwheel.
- Subscribe to newsletters and notifications. Leading up to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, sign up for newsletters and notifications from your favorite retailers. You may find exclusive deals, early access, or unique discounts for subscribers.
- Take advantage of early deals. Snatch great bargains before the rush – many retailers start offering discounts in the days leading up to Black Friday and extend them through Cyber Monday, so it’s best to keep an eye on these.
- Utilize promo codes and coupons. Coupons and promo codes can further reduce the cost of your purchases. Also, stackable discounts can significantly impact the final price of an item.
- Prepare for fast-paced purchases. Time is of the essence, so ensure your accounts are set up and ready for quick checkouts. Save your shipping and payment information in advance to expedite the purchasing process and prevent items from selling out before you complete your order.
- Stay secure while shopping. Be cautious and stick to reputable websites. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or pop-ups and consider using payment methods that offer buyer protection.
- Manage expectations and have fun. Finally, manage your expectations and don’t succumb to the pressure of buying something just because it's on sale. Enjoy the thrill of hunting for great deals and don’t let the frenzy overshadow the joy of shopping.
Read The Altenew Collector's Corner: Black Friday Edition for more crafty tips and deals!
We hope this blog post inspired you to create something unique and score the best Black Friday craft deals. For more crafting ideas and inspiration, check out our design team blog posts HERE. Happy crafting!
In This Article
More Crafty Reads & Inspirations
Creative Hot Foiling Ideas with NEW Hot Foil Rolls
11 Creative Card Ideas with Craft Gems
Get Creative with Altenew's Sweet Jasmine 5-in-1 Bundle - A Must-Have!
10 Tips and Tricks on How to Master Your Craft Knife!
14 Easy Valentine's Day Card Ideas You Can Make in Minutes!
How to Use Gems in Card Making (12 Easy Ideas!)
Crafting Essentials: Finding the Perfect Craft Knife for Card Making
13 Ideas for Celebrating Diversity in Your Paper Crafting Projects
Revive Your Pre-Loved Stamps With These 10 Card Ideas!
Crafting for a Cause: Use Your Skills to Make a Difference in the World