How do I make the most out of my stamps collection?Stamps are really fun to use for a crafting project. They can make your work so beautiful and elegant. The right stamp can make or break how amazing a project you do actually is. If you want a DIY project to do in your free time, you can definitely check out these stamps ideas using any custom stamps! You can finally put those beautiful cardmaking stamps to good use.
These DIY stamps ideas are readily available online, but we threw in a few of our designers’ personal tips and tricks. Put your creative hat on and get out those crafting stamps and dies! Here are 10 super crafty DIY stamps ideas for you!
1. SAY IT WITH SENTIMENTS!You can send any message using custom stamps with sentiments. Sentiments are words, phrases, and sentences that are added to a handmade card. There is a wide array of choices when it comes to sentiment stamps for crafting. From big and small to one-word and multiple sentences, you can mix and match your chosen sentiments to add a personalized message to your handmade cards.
Here are some popular sentiment themes that you can pop up on your cards:
- Motivational quotes
- Short and sweet messages
- Simple greetings
Sentiment stamps are very handy for cardmakers and they are a must-have in your stamps collection. Make sure you get unique, fun, and high-quality sentiment stamps like these ones from Altenew.
2. SHAPE IT UPGeometric crafting stamps and dies are always on trend! Not only are they easy to use, but they can also be mixed and matched to create something one of a kind. From simple circles and triangles to more intricate ones like dodecagrams and mandalas, you can add a wow factor to any of your papercrafting projects using shapes! These geometric stamps are also ideal for neutral or masculine handmade cards.
Altenew offers a wide variety of cardmaking stamps featuring unique geometric shapes and images such as:
3. MAKE A RAINBOWLike shapes, you can never go wrong with rainbows! Seeing the seven colors of the rainbow up in the sky can bring a smile to anyone’s face. Similarly, this can be achieved in your handmade cards with the help of a variety of stamps for crafting and some ink!
Although you can simply get a rainbow stamp set, it’s more fun to create your own version of a rainbow! You can use these Altenew crisp dye inks to create breathtakingly beautiful rainbow colors on your handmade cards:
- Ruby Red
- Orange Cream
- Warm Sunshine
- Deep Iris
4. CREATE A FALL SCENEWhat comes to your mind when you think about fall? Cool and windy weather? Gorgeous foliage? Warm drinks and cozy outfits? Turn a simple handmade card into a beautiful fall scene with stamps, inks, and even washi tapes!
Altenew offers a few fall-themed crafting stamps and dies that you can easily use on your cards - from fall leaves to Thanksgiving-themed ones!
If you want to be more creative, you can use any image you want and spice it up by using fall colors! These fall-themed dye inks come in a set so you don’t need to mix and match inks on your own!
Another crafty DIY stamp idea is to stamp fall-themed images on a piece of fabric using mixed media ink and stitch on it. You can use it as a home decor or gift it to someone.
5. LET IT SNOW!Like the fall season, cardmaking stamps can be customized to create a beautiful winter wonderland scene on your papercrafting project. Here are a few ways on how you can quickly and easily achieve a winter scene on your cards:
- Let it snow by using a simple snow stamp set.
- Add a homey Christmas vibe by combining a few stamp sets like Altenew’s Sweet Season Stamp Set, Christmas Stockings Stamp Set, and Festive Foliage Stamp Set.
- Create your own holiday ornaments using poinsettias and pines.
6. FLOWERS, FLOWERS, FLOWERS!Florals are always a good idea! They are timeless and elegant. Floral stamps for crafting are not just super crafty, they are incredibly trendy as well. Altenew’s wide range of floral stamps collection might overwhelm you at first, so here are a few simple ones that you can get started with:
The beauty of floral custom stamps is that you can easily use them in any card design - regardless of the occasion, the message, or the recipient of the card. Yes - you can be creative and use florals in neutral or masculine cards! You just have to think outside of the box.
7. CITIES AND LANDSCAPEWhile the beauty of nature is undeniable, there is something enticing about the tall buildings, skyscrapers, blinding lights, and busy traffic in the city. Adding these cardmaking stamps to your handmade card will definitely elevate it and give it a modern look. Here are a few DIY stamps ideas to try:
- Create a lovely sketchy city look!
- Send some love with the gorgeous New York skyline!
- Add some West Coast vibes with the wonderful California skies!
8. NATURE-INSPIREDBirds, alpacas, foxes, woods, mountains, and wild ferns! Send a heartwarming message on your next handmade card using these nature-inspired crafting stamps and dies. You can never go wrong with nature-themed stamp sets. They are versatile enough that you can use them on neutral and masculine cards, as well as for any celebration and occasion. Here are a few ideas on how to use nature stamps on your cards:
- Use it as a subtle background.
- Make it the focal point.
- Customize your scenery by mixing and matching various stamp images.
- Make your own forest with trees, foliage, flowers, and animals!
9. SUMMER VIBESWhat’s more fun than adding some summer vibes into your card? The best thing about creating designs based on the four seasons is that you don’t need super creative. With a few summer-themed custom stamps and a splash of summer colors, you’re good to go!
Shower some summer vibes into your next handmade cards with these fun and easy tips!
- Experiment with summer colors using vibrant ink colors!
- Create a summer garden using patterned paper.
- Summer screams ice cream! Make this favorite summer treat the focal point of your handmade creation.
- Add a fabulous summer sky with washi tapes.
10. MAKE IT YUMMYCake, ice cream, fruits, vegetables, coffee, tea, and more! Edible stamps are always fun to create with! They’re perfect not just for handmade cards but also for scrapbooks, mixed media journals, DIY gift boxes, and more. Check out these edible stamps for crafting that you can add to your stash:
- Strawberry Stamp Set
- Tea Time Stamp Set
- Coffee Love Stamp Set
- Simple Fruits Stamp Set
- Layered Cupcake Stamp Set
Anyone would surely brighten up when they see these yummy edible stamps on your handmade card. If you’re feeling super creative, you can even make it a feast!
There you have it! These 10 super crafty DIY stamps ideas are perfect for any level of crafter - from beginner to advanced. They’re simple, quick, and easy to follow. With these cardmaking stamps ideas, you can create a gorgeous handmade card in no time.